Re-Framers: 170 Eccentric, Visionary, and Patriotic Proposals to Rewrite the U.S. Constitution (Hardback)John R. Vile (author)
- We can order this
This book is the most comprehensive review of all the major proposals to rewrite, revise, or even replace the U.S. Constitution, covering more than 170 proposals from the nation's beginnings to the present day.
* Discusses more than 170 proposed major alterations in-or alternatives to-the U.S. Constitution, from the beginning of the republic to the present
* Includes proposals from nearly every political group imaginable, including advocates of parliamentary democracy, communists, Democrats, Libertarians, Progressives, Republicans, socialists, and Tea Party members
* Presents the major plans that preceded or were considered in the writing of the U.S. Constitution
* Provides biographical information of individuals who made proposals to alter or replace the Constitution
* Includes appendixes containing the full text of the U.S. Constitution and all 27 amendments to the Constitution
Number of pages: 397
Weight: 1021 g
Dimensions: 254 x 178 x 30 mm
"One of Professor Vile's more interesting projects. . . a valuable resource." - Law and Politics Book Reviews
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review