Progress in Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Computation: Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Computation, Cape Town, South Africa, 5-7 July 2004 (Hardback)Alphose Zingoni (author)
- We can order this from the publisher
This book contains its key findings with contributions from academics, researchers and practitioners in the broad fields of structural mechanics, associated computation and structural engineering. Their work builds a clear picture of recent achievements in the advancement of knowledge and understanding in these areas. This text therefore covers all aspects of structural mechanics and is broken down into 36 sections which communicate the latest discoveries and developments across the following areas:
* vibration, dynamics, impact response, soil-structure interaction and damage mechanics
* numerical modeling and computational methods
* practical aspects of the analysis, design, and construction of structures - Specific classes of structures such as shells, plates, frames, bridges, buildings, lightweight structures, space structures and foundation structures
* a variety of construction materials ranging from the traditional timber, masonry, concrete, steel and glass, to recent innovations encompassing high-performance composites, ceramics, high-strength concrete, fibre-reinforced concrete, stainless steel and smart alloys.
The large number of high-quality papers presented and the wide spectrum of relevant topics covered, as well as the great diversity of nationalities represented by the participants, bring the reader up to speed with developments on a global scale.
Publisher: A A Balkema Publishers
Number of pages: 419
Weight: 907 g
Dimensions: 254 x 178 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Please note that owing to current COVID-19 restrictions, many of our shops are closed. Find out more by clicking here.