Problem Solving and Reasoning Pupil Book 4 - Busy Ant Maths (Paperback)Peter Clarke (author)
- We can order this
Pupils can quickly get to grips with KS2 problem solving and reasoning by completing activities categorised by topic and question type.
Fully in line with the new National Curriculum.
Problem solving and reasoning have been key focuses within primary maths since the introduction of the 2014 curriculum, and the focus on `teaching for mastery'. It is essential that all pupils have access to problem solving and reasoning activities. Some key benefits to problem solving in maths include:
* Helping pupils grasp diverse mathematical concepts and understand the application of the subject
* Enhancing strategic thinking
* Developing transferable skills
This book consists of three different types of mathematical problem solving challenges:
1. Solving mathematical problems. This involves pupils solving problems `within' mathematics itself, recognising patterns and relationships, making conjectures and generalisations, and explaining and justifying conclusions.
2. Reasoning mathematically. This involved pupils using logical thinking to solve problems, focusing on making conjectures and generalisations, and explaining and justifying conclusions using appropriate language.
3. Using & applying mathematics in real-world contexts. This involves pupils engaging in challenges that require them to use and apply their mathematical knowledge and skills in open-ended, real-world contexts.
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Number of pages: 72
Weight: 240 g
Dimensions: 280 x 220 x 5 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review