Detailed and down-to-earth, this book delivers:
* Guidance on news gathering, from government and business to sport and religion
* Guidance on news writing, drawing on over 300 examples that have appeared in print, discussing why they work or how they could have been better
* Guidance on feature writing, including profiles, comment, leading articles, obituaries and reviews
* Specific chapters on ethical reporting and the possibilities and pitfalls of investigative journalism
* A review of the new financial realities that the internet is imposing on the media.
Informed by over half a century's professional experience and fully revised to give a nuanced account of the skills required in an online environment, this book is an essential companion for your journalism degree and beyond.
Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd
Number of pages: 224
Weight: 381 g
Dimensions: 242 x 170 x 12 mm
Edition: 4th Revised edition
Sir Harold Evans
former Editor of The Sunday Times
To those who may think that formal journalism is a dying art this book offers a splendid rejoinder. It is for all those who purport to write that others may read
Sir Simon Jenkins
Guardian columnist and former Editor of The Times
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review