Combining a practical and theoretical guide to the politics of organizational change, this book provides an exceptional resource to students of change management, and organizational behaviour.
Buchanan and Badham show how the change agent who is not politically skilled will fail, and that it is necessary to be able and willing to intervene in the political processes of the organization.
This revised edition includes a range of excellent new material and features, including:
- a new chapter on gender in approaches to organization politics
- a full range of teaching materials including case studies, incident reports, self-assessments, and more
- Each chapter recommends a feature film (or DVD) to illustrate aspects of organization politics
- fresh research evidence
- recent literature on the nature of entrepreneurial politics;
- a model of political expertise, and how that can be developed
This lively and engaging book is key to MBA and other Masters degree candidates taking courses in change management, and organizational behaviour. It will also be valuable for practising managers on tailored executive programmes in organization politics.
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Number of pages: 376
Weight: 660 g
Dimensions: 232 x 186 x 21 mm
Edition: 2nd Revised edition