This up-to-date compilation details the most significant stops along the Underground Railroad.
* Approximately 75 A-Z entries cover the most significant stations on the Underground Railroad
* Illustrations and maps help readers envision routes and strategies of railroad "conductors"
* Interactive sidebars offer a firsthand glimpse into the arduous nature of Underground Railroad journeys, the decisions made, and the plans involved
* Primary source letters and diary entries detail actual incidents that took place
* A chronology includes important events related to the Underground Railroad from the Colonial Period to the Civil War
* Suggested reading sections after each entry and a general print and nonprint bibliography act as a guide for further research
Number of pages: 422
Weight: 1098 g
Dimensions: 254 x 183 x 33 mm
"For researchers, historians, and travelers interested in investigating places and structures, the entries offer anecdotes and events to pique curiosity." - Booklist
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review