Perspectives on Athlete-Centred Coaching (Paperback)Shane Pill (editor)
- We can order this
Underpinned by a philosophy of empowerment, athlete-centred approaches to coaching are defined by a style that promotes learning through ownership, responsibility, initiative and awareness. Perspectives on Athlete-Centred Coaching offers an in-depth theoretical examination of player-focused coaching models, and provides professional guidance for practising coaches.
Written by a cast of world-leading scholars and practitioners, and offering a breadth of approaches to, and critiques of, the application of athlete-centred coaching, the book covers topics including:
* athlete-centred coaching and holistic development
* coaching tactical creativity
* athlete-centred coaching in disability sport
* team culture and athlete-centred coaching
* developing thinking players through Game Sense coaching
* supporting athlete wellbeing
* athlete-centred coaching and Teaching Games for Understanding
* athlete-centred coaching in masters sport.
Based on the latest research and offering the most comprehensive enquiry into this central area of coaching theory, Perspectives on Athlete-Centred Coaching is important reading for any students and lecturers of sports coaching or physical education, and practising coaches across any sport.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 224
Weight: 340 g
Dimensions: 235 x 159 mm