Perfect Phrases for ESL: Conversation Skills, Second Edition (Paperback)Diane Engelhardt (author)
- In stock online
Use just the right phrases and master the art of conversation like a native speaker of English
Starting and maintaining a conversation in a second language can be particularly challenging. What should you say to begin a conversation? How do you know whether to use casual or formal speech? With this book as your guide, you'll learn how to say the right words at the right time in any situation.
Perfect Phrases for ESL: Conversation Skills is filled with hundreds of ready-to-use English phrases to help you navigate your way through social and business situations. There are phrases for talking with friends, offering opinions, collaborating with co-workers, addressing misunderstandings, and more. The book also includes common slang expressions you can use to sound more like a native speaker.
The book features:
* Hundreds of helpful English phrases for everyday communication
* New: An updated chapter on conversing via phone or video chat
* Advice on navigating idiomatic speech and nuanced conversation
* Clarification on when to use formal and casual/informal speech
* Advice from an expert ESL teacher with more than 20 years' experience teaching English
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education
Number of pages: 320
Weight: 290 g
Dimensions: 152 x 127 x 18 mm
Edition: 2nd edition