An essential resource for transracially adoptive parents and the professionals who serve them, this book offers practical strategies for helping a transracially adopted child through the challenges he or she may face.
* Includes advice and questions for discussion and thought by parents considering transracial adoption; for parents already on the journey with older children, the authors examine racial identity development
* Offers concrete strategies for parents parenting a child from a different race
* Provides practical steps related to managing influences and opinions from within the extended family and the community
* Suggests ways parents can learn from members of their child's racial community-and how to manage challenges that arise in transracial adoption situations
* Shares the stories of three adults who were transracial adoptees as well as vignettes from (and interviews with) dozens of parents who were involved in transracial adoptions
Number of pages: 171
Weight: 522 g
Dimensions: 239 x 157 x 23 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review