Optimistic Parenting: Hope and Help for You and Your Challenging Child (Paperback)V. Mark Durand (author)
- We can order this
* Pinpointing the "why" behind challenging behaviour.
* Tuning in to their own thoughts, emotions, and self-talk.
* Understanding how their thoughts affect their interactions with their child.
* Interrupting negative thoughts and replacing them with positive, productive ones.
* Achieving a healthy balance between taking care of their own needs and their child's needs.
* Using effective emergency strategies when quick behaviour intervention is needed.
* Implementing long-term strategies for lasting behaviour improvements.
* Weaving functional communication training into everyday routines and interactions.
* Addressing the most common problem areas, such as sleep and transitions.
* Increasing mindfulness and parenting "in the moment".
Engaging stories from the author's extensive experience illustrate how parents and other caregivers can develop more effective behaviour management techniques. And practical tools and exercises, developed and tested during Durand's decades of work with thousands of parents, help families on their own journey to better parenting and happier lives. A lifeline for overwhelmed parents - and a great source of insight for the professionals who work with them - this highly motivating guidebook will help families reduce children's challenging behaviours and approach the future with optimism and confidence.
Publisher: Brookes Publishing Co
Number of pages: 256
Weight: 458 g
Dimensions: 229 x 153 x 17 mm
"I can assure you every person caring or working for a child regardless of age or abilities will benefit from V. Mark Duranda s optimistic parenting advice . . . The authora s friendly, conversational style of writing brings the reader on board feeling that a friend is giving him parenting advice. "Optimistic Parenting" receives five STARS from "Special Needs Book Review" for the quality of the content and organization of this book!"--Lorna Da Entremont"
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review