Realize, refresh, and awaken the passionate, caring, motivated teacher inside!
Who was the best teacher you ever had? Can you remember the excitement and joy that this teacher brought to learning? Do you want to be "the best teacher ever" for your students? Understanding yourself and how you relate to others is the first step in becoming the enthusiastic, inspirational teacher to whom students respond best.
On Being a Teacher links teaching to the unique human characteristics that each of us possess. Written with the trainee, beginning, and experienced teacher in mind, the authors help teachers discover their own special traits that make them superlative teachers. This newly revised third edition includes the addition of:
- Research-based teaching strategies
- Professional development activities
- An in-depth look at parent-teacher evenings
- Ideas for getting involved in your school and LEA to further your professional growth
- Information on learning styles and multiple intelligences
- Guides for individual and group reflection
This book is ideal for teacher education courses and induction programs and can be used for either individual growth or group study.
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Number of pages: 192
Weight: 370 g
Dimensions: 228 x 152 x 16 mm
Edition: 3rd Revised edition
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review