The Bauml collection represents the collecting efforts of three generations of the family beginning in the late 19th century and continuing to the present day. The objects in the collection cover the period from 1747 to the mid 1920s.The Nymphenburg Porcelain Manufactury came under the management of the Bauml family patriarch, Alfred Bauml, in 1888 and continued under his three sons until 1975. Alfred began to acquire hundreds of early examples of the high quality production of the Numphenburg Manufactury and his sons continued to add to the collection by acquiring classic figurines and tablewares through the Art Nouveau years. To this day the collection is being expanded. Currently numbering 1443 objects, it represents a near completely comprehensive view of this prestigious and desirable porcelain manufacturer.