New Wild Garden: Natural-style planting and practicalities (Hardback)Ian Hodgson (author)
The New Wild Garden combines new approaches to a more naturalistic design with the practical side of growing wildflowers and shows how to incorporate wildflowers, real meadows and a looser prarie-style planting into gardens and wild spaces.
With serious concern into the decline of pollinators and habitats, meadows are currently the focus of enormous creativity. Gardeners, wildlife lovers, professional designers and seed manufacturers are all pushing the envelope of what can be grown, the pictorial effects that can be achieved, and the benefits that this provides for gardeners and wildlife.
This book includes 15 step-by-step projects and an essential plant list, as well as offering inspiration to gardeners and an overview of the most influential movement in garden design over recent decades.
In this book you can learn:
* How to sow or plant meadow to suit your space
* Planting plans for every plot size: from a container, small patch, allotment or an acre
* How to grow and propagate more than 50 kinds of wildflowers
* Understand and emulate the new natural style followed by designers
* Meadow recipes for every soil, situation and wildlife habitat.
Publisher: Quarto Publishing PLC
Number of pages: 176
Dimensions: 270 x 227 mm
Edition: Revised Edition
‘this book offers an inspirational yet accessible guide to wild planting that is low-maintenance yet enormously creative’ - Homes and Gardens
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?