from 2 Hours* Last Christmas
delivery dates Free UK Standard Delivery On all orders over £25 Order in time for Christmas 18th December by 1pm 2nd Class |
20th December by 1pm 1st Class Free Click & Collect From 2 hours after you order*
New Higher History: Migration and Empire 1830-1939 - NHH (Paperback)Simon Wood (author)
The New Higher History series offers a full-colour, topic-based approach to the revised Higher History syllabus. Covering all of the main issues within each topic area, this series includes investigative techniques, use of evidence and a variety of activities to enable students to develop the necessary skills to tackle both essay-based and source-based questions successfully.
New Higher History: Migration and Empire 1830-1939 provides comprehensive coverage of this source-based Unit offered in Paper 2 of the course. The core issues within the topic are fully explored, preparing students for the short response questions in the external examination. This book investigates the population movement and social and economic change in Scotland and abroad, looking at:
- the development of industrialisation and urbanisation in Scotland due to economic changes
- the impact of economic, social, cultural and political factors on internal migration and emigration and whether these were push or pull factors
- the immigrant experience, arising issues of identity and the reaction of Scots to their arrival, in particular the Irish (Protestant and Catholic), Jewish, Lithuanian and Italian migrants
- Scotland's economic, cultural and religious impact on the empire nations due to immigration to Canada, Australia, New Zealand and India in particular
- the impact of migration and empire on Scotland by 1939 and the social, cultural and economic changes which resulted
- the significance of migration and empire for Scottish identity.
Publisher: Hodder Education
Number of pages: 152
Weight: 400 g
Dimensions: 274 x 212 x 10 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?