Music Lessons for Children with Special Needs (Paperback)Terry M Perry (author)
- We can order this from the publisher
This superb little book is very much based on providing the rudiments of music to children with a wide range of special needs. Mr Perry's book is the very first time I have read anything which remotely resembles the real life teaching situations we all encounter every day. The short section on record keeping is even augmented by first class examples of actual record sheets and pupil response forms. There is a simple and accessible programme of work allowing the reader to choose from an array of different lessons. I marvel at the public spirited attitude of the publisher in bringing out a superb volume aimed at such a small section of our profession, the music teacher.'
- The Therapist (Journal of the European Therapy Studies Institute)
'A clear description of how to progress within the national curriculum.'
- Sounding Board
Using music as a medium for communication and development between teacher and pupil, rather than as a subject to be learned, this book responds to the problems of presenting music to children with special needs on a number of different levels:
- it provides a simple and accessible programme of work, allowing the teacher to choose from an array of different lessons;
- it breaks down the recommendations of the National Curriculum into a more practical structure for working with children with special needs;
- drawing on many years of experience, it offers advice for managing the lessons, and suggests ways in which lessons may be modified to address the needs of individual children, or particular groups.
Also included are useful record sheets to help teachers to gauge the response of the pupils to the music course.
Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
Number of pages: 140
Weight: 184 g
Dimensions: 219 x 165 x 8 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Or, add to basket, pay online, collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.