Covering its historic development, important individuals, and central ideas and issues, this encyclopedia offers broad historical coverage of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
* 140 entries on individuals, places, events, and issues
* An overview section of six essays tracing the history of Mormonism from Joseph Smith's vision to years of global expansion that began in the mid-20th century
* 50 contributors who are among the world's foremost scholars on the Mormon religion and its history
* A chronology of Mormonism from its beginnings in upstate New York to its current status as a globalized church headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah
* A bibliography of the latest scholarship on Mormon history
Number of pages: 449
Weight: 1157 g
Dimensions: 254 x 178 x 33 mm
"Overall, the volume is tailor-made for those wanting information on the most prominent figures, the most influential moments, and the hottest topics. . . . A very nice addition for libraries with little need for a multivolume set on Mormonism." - Booklist
"A useful resource." - School Library Journal
"A useful chronology, selected bibliography, and index are also included. . . . this is a very useful addition to undergraduate collections." - Choice
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review