An accessible, student-centred guide to the key ideas in moral philosophy. Suitable for both A Level and undergraduate study.
This book provides an accessible, readable, student-centred guide to moral philosophy. Through lucid explanation, careful use of modern examples and engaging activities it leads students towards deeper understanding of all the key issues in the study of ethics.
Key features include:
- a clear overview of the key ideas in moral philosophy, including detailed examination of the prescribed areas of study: meta-ethics, prescriptive ethics and applied ethics
- application of those ideas to the contemporary issues of abortion, euthanasia and animal rights
- imaginative tasks and activities to stimulate thought and explore ethical ideas in an engaging and motivating way
- key quotes from the significant writers, and interesting examples of ethical debate in film and literature
- a critical analysis of the various ethical theories
- end-of-chapter key point summaries covering what readers need to know to answer exam questions on moral philosophy and ethics
- an extensive glossary of key words and ideas
- thorough referencing to enable students to follow up key ideas and quotes in independent study.
Publisher: Hodder Education
Number of pages: 256
Weight: 482 g
Dimensions: 245 x 174 x 13 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review