If, like most Americans, you think an Ivy League diploma paves the way to Nobel Prizes, Wall Street riches, and a life of prosperity and happiness, think again. Consider these "distinguished" alumni:
* John Fairbanks (Dartmouth AB, 1946), embezzler
* Amy Bishop (Harvard Ph.D., 1993), mass murderer
* Eliot Spitzer (Princeton BA, 1981; Harvard JD, 1984), disgraced NY governor and patron of prostitutes
* Cardinal Bernard F. Law (Harvard BA, 1952), protector of abusive priests
* Jeffrey Skilling (Harvard MBA, 1979), felonious Enron CEO
* Madison Grant (Yale BA, 1887; Columbia LL.B.), eugenicist
* Ann Coulter (Cornell BA, 1984), professional bully
* Jonah Lehrer (Columbia BA, 2003), plagiarist
* Theodore Kaczynski (Harvard BA, 1962), the Unabomber
In 85 brief profiles of murderers, rapists, racists, cheaters, lying politicians, slavers, oligarchs, war criminals, traitors, forgers, kiddie-porners, and other moral reprobates, MONSTERS OF THE IVY LEAGUE effectively--and entertainingly!--bursts the bubble of America's obsession with elite colleges.
Publisher: Little, Brown & Company
Number of pages: 224
Weight: 336 g
Dimensions: 209 x 148 x 26 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Or, add to basket, pay online, collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.