Learn how to paint beautiful botanical watercolors using 16 easy-to-follow lessons that also introduce the modern incorporation of gouache and ink! Enjoy hours of creative engagement as you learn how to paint eucalyptus wreaths, shape olive branches, detailed wildflowers, shade tropical leaves, and more.
Lessons in Modern Watercolor Botanicals include:
- Detailed instructions for 3 skill levels: beginner, intermediate, and advanced
- Over 100 pieces of traceable artwork, so no drawing experience is required
- Easy-to-understand diagrams, pictures, and instructions
- Each lesson builds upon skills learned in the previous lessons
- "Why Art?" essays exploring the joys, challenges, and inherent value in artistic pursuit
Publisher: Random House USA Inc
Number of pages: 218
Weight: 1064 g
Dimensions: 248 x 248 x 23 mm
"If you're thinking about experimenting with watercolor and/or gouache, look no further. Sarah's stunning imagery paired with thorough and extensive direction will bring you back again and again. It's a must-have staple for both beginners, hobbyists, and professional creatives."
-Peggy Dean, Best-selling Author, Illustrator, Designer, Founder of The Pigeon Letters
"Sarah has penned (and painted) the complete book of watercolor & gouache for anyoneready to dive into the wonderful world of painting. From mindfulness to technique, thisbook is not only an introduction to painting but a complete guide to the skilled art ofcolor movement and blending. Sarah's botanical imagery is captivating and herdescriptive instructions dance across the page as fluidly as her art. What a wonderfulway to spend a season immersed in watercolor, what an incredibly inspiring how-to book."
-The Crafter's Box