Each chapter focuses on a different aspect of mentorship, including:
- The role of mentorship
- The mentor-student relationship
- The mentor as teacher
- Experiential learning and reflective practice
- Learning styles and teaching theories
- The mentor as assessor
- Competence and capability
- Health improvement
- Career development
A core text for mentor preparation and mentor update courses in nursing and allied health, Mentoring in Nursing and Healthcare is an essential guide that supports learning and ongoing professional development.
- Includes not only the latest and most up-to-date NMC standards, but also the Health and Care Professions Council's standards of proficiency
- Accessible and practice-oriented, with case studies, reflective exercises and activities throughout
- Has a strong focus on assessment skills
- Supported by interactive online resources that include test-yourself questions, multiple choice questions, web-links, PowerPoint slides, case studies, and activities at www.wiley.com/go/mentoring
Publisher: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Number of pages: 288
Weight: 354 g
Dimensions: 227 x 152 x 15 mm
“This practical guide will enhance a deep level of understanding and knowledge of mentorship. It is an invaluable resource on mentorship in nursing and health care.” (Nursing Standard, 3 October 2012)
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?