Men to Avoid in Art and Life (Hardback)Nicole Tersigni (author)
- We can order this from the publisher
Based on the hugely popular Twitter thread, Men to Avoid in Art and Life fits achingly relatable examples of mansplaining to classical paintings, in a hilarious riposte to overbearing men throughout the ages.
This hilarious book perfectly captures those relatable moments when a man explains to a woman a subject about which he knows considerably less than she does.
Situations include men sharing keen insight on the female anatomy, an eloquent defense of catcalling, or offering sage advice about horseback riding to the woman who owns the horse.
* These less qualified men of antiquity dish out mediocrity as if it's pure genius
* For the women who have endured overbearing men over the centuries
* Written with hilariously painful accuracy
"Now, when you're riding a horse, you need to make sure to keep a good grip on the reins." "These are my horses."
Through cringe-induced empathy, this timeless gift book of shared experiences unites women across history in one of the most powerful forms of resistance: laughter.
* Started as a Twitter thread and quickly gained widespread popularity.
* A great pick for a birthday or Galentine gift for a friend who needs a funny pick-me-up
* Makes a perfect gift for women and feminists with a wry sense of humor, millennials, anyone who loves memes and Internet humor, as well as history and art buffs.
* Add it to the shelf with books like Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit, Milk and Vine: Inspirational Quotes from Classic Vines by Emily Beck, and Awards For Good Boys: Tales Of Dating, Double Standards, And Doom by Shelby Lorman.
Publisher: Chronicle Books
Number of pages: 96
Weight: 270 g
Dimensions: 158 x 159 x 15 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Alternatively, for multiple items you may find it easier to add to basket, then pay online and collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.