Measurement-Based Care in Mental Disorders - SpringerBriefs in Psychology (Paperback)Per Bech (author)
- We can order this
This innovative monograph introduces a measurement-based framework for effective treatment of patients with mood disorders, personality disorders, and schizophrenia. Rooted firmly in principles of pharmacotherapy and clinical psychometrics, the book's signature diagram balances rating scale results and patient self-reported progress along three angles: therapeutic effects, adverse effects, and quality of life. The author's choices of measures are brief, valid, widely used, and easy for clinicians to administer and patients to understand. But rather than being a mechanistic or an impersonal formula, this system is shown as a science-based means of fostering constructive collaboration between patient and therapist, leading to greater patient well-being.
Included in the coverage:
* Negative mental health: the ordinary symptom-orientated mental disorders.
* The basic diagram of personality dimensions.
* Self-reported symptom scales within the basic diagram.
* Clinician-administered symptom scales within the basic diagram.
* The pharmacopsychometric triangle in measurement-based care.
* Diagnostic rating scales.* A practical outcome evaluation plan.
Offering a medical level of precision to mental health, Measurement-Based Care in Mental Disorders should interest health care providers at all levels, particularly physicians and staff in primary care settings, and in psychiatric in- and outpatient clinics, including psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, and social workers.
Publisher: Springer International Publishing AG
Number of pages: 93
Weight: 1825 g
Dimensions: 235 x 155 x 6 mm
Edition: 1st ed. 2016