Mathletics (Paperback)John D. Barrow (author)
- In stock
* How can sprinter Usain Bolt break his world record without running any faster?
* Why do high-jumpers use the Fosbury Flop?
* What's the best strategy for taking penalties in football?
* What statistical advantage do left-handed boxers have over their right-handed opponents?
* And did you know that gymnasts can experience stronger g-forces than roller-coaster designers are allowed to create?
John D. Barrow shows how maths can give us surprising and enlivening insights into the world of sports - essential reading for competitors, armchair enthusiasts and maths-lovers alike.
Publisher: Vintage Publishing
Number of pages: 320
Weight: 298 g
Dimensions: 198 x 129 x 23 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Or, add to basket, pay online, collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.