XPages instantly revolutionized Notes/Domino application development, and the newest versions deliver unprecedented performance and flexibility. Now, the popular insider's guide to XPages development has been updated and expanded to reflect all these improvements, through IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 and beyond.
Three key members of the IBM XPages team have brought together comprehensive knowledge for delivering outstanding solutions. They have added several hundred pages of new content, including four new chapters. Drawing on their unsurpassed experience, they present new tips, samples, and best practices reflecting the platform's growing maturity. Writing for both XPages newcomers and experts, they cover the entire project lifecycle, including problem debugging, performance optimization, and application scalability.
* Understanding XPages' development paradigm, tooling, runtime framework, and application architecture
* Configuring Domino Designer and integrating XPages Extension Library
* Constructing application logic and using data binding controls
* Reading/writing Notes documents: from use cases to design properties
* Using Views, including examples of accessing calendars via REST
* Making the most of Notes/Domino 9.0's new DataView control
* Coding: from the basics to fully customized behavior
* Advanced scripting: AJAX, Dojo, @Functions, managed beans, and more
* Extending the Rich Text Editor's functionality
* Building and consuming new controls with Extensibility APIs
* Taking web applications offline in the Notes client
* Building mobile apps: controls, design patterns, and best practices
* Creating apps that look and work great-for local and global audiences
* Systematically optimizing performance and scalability
* Protecting data and users: leveraging Domino and Notes security models
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Number of pages: 1168
Weight: 1908 g
Dimensions: 231 x 183 x 1 mm
Edition: 2nd edition
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review