Mastering Assessment: A Self-Service System for Educators (Paperback)W. James Popham (author)
- Not available
Mastering Assessment: A Self-Service System for Educators, 2/e (hereafter referred to as MA) is a set of 15 booklets intended to be the grist for a wide variety of professional development programs focused on educational assessment. Each of the MA booklets was deliberately written to permit a one- sitting or two- sittings reading by busy educators. The resultant brevity of the MA booklets, coupled with their being provided as separate documents, is intended to provide users of the MA system with considerable latitude in determining how best to use the booklets. A Facilitator's Guide is available to guide educators in using the 15 booklets in their professional development programs and can be downloaded at no additional charge from Pearson's Instructor Resource Center.
Mastering Assessment boxset incudes:
* Appropriate and Inappropriate Tests for Evaluating Schools
* Assessing Students' Affect
* Assessing Students with Disabilities
* Assessment Bias: How to Banish It
* Classroom Evidence of Successful Teaching
* College Entrance Examinations: The SAT and the ACT
* Constructed-Response Tests: Building and Bettering
* How Testing Can Help Teaching
* Interpreting the Results of Large-Scale Assessments
* Portfolio Assessment and Performance Testing
* Reliability: What Is It and Is It Necessary?
* Selected-Response Tests: Building and Bettering
* The Role of Rubrics in Testing and Teaching
* Test Preparation: Sensible or Sordid?
* Validity: Assessment's Cornerstone
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Number of pages: 480
Weight: 1225 g
Dimensions: 254 x 178 x 48 mm
Edition: 2nd edition
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review