Marine Mammals: Evolutionary Biology, Third Edition is a succinct, yet comprehensive text devoted to the systematics, evolution, morphology, ecology, physiology, and behavior of marine mammals.
Earlier editions of this valuable work are considered required reading for all marine biologists concerned with marine mammals, and this text continues that tradition of excellence with updated citations and an expansion of nearly every chapter that includes full color photographs and distribution maps.
Publisher: Elsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
Number of pages: 738
Weight: 1610 g
Dimensions: 235 x 191 x 36 mm
Edition: 3rd edition
"All scientists and students who study marine mammals should read it...the book contains a wealth of information.
- Frank E. Fish, Department of Biology, West Chester University in ANIMAL BIOLOGY
"...a crucial resource spanning many disparate research venues...Each chapter provides extensive references for further research."
- Peggy Dominy in E-STREAMS
"...highly welcome...the authors succeed again in presenting a book that is simultaneously challenging and easily readable for students."
- M. S. Fischer, Jena, in JOURNAL OF ZOOLOGICAL SYSTEMATICS AND EVOLUTIONARY RESEARCH
"...will certainly be popular with students, because it is clearly and concisely written, and intelligently illustrated."
- in CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
"...it is a thorough, precise and clearly written reference that will admirably serve those interested in the evolution of marine mammals."
- Corey J.A. Bradshaw, School for Environmental Research, Charles Darwin University, in POLAR RESEARCH