- personal characteristics of perpetrators, victims and bystanders
- role of the family
- ethos and culture of the school
- quality of interpersonal relationships at school
- quality of the learning environment of the school
- links between school and community
The authors' approach aims to promote non-violence , improve the climate of the school, enhance relationships among staff, pupils and parents, and to support the emotional health and well-being of all members of the school community. Strategies include preventative methods, provision for the individual needs of pupils and peer support, emotional literacy and restorative practice.
The authors also provide guidance on how to create a shared understanding of school violence, how to prepare for change and how to carry out an effective needs analysis in order to successfully address the issue.
This book is essential for practitioners, students in education and school management as well as local educational advisors.
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Number of pages: 160
Weight: 425 g
Dimensions: 242 x 170 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review