Managing and Optimizing VMware vSphere® Deployments
The Complete Guide to Planning, Deploying, and Operating High-Performance VMware vSphere 5 Virtual Infrastructure
To make the most of VMware's vSphere 5, IT professionals need knowledge, tips, and insights they'll never find in the manuals-or in any book, until now! In Managing and Optimizing VMware vSphere Deployments, two world-class VMware experts offer start-to-finish lessons for vSphere planning, implementation, operation, management, and troubleshooting: expert insights drawn from their unsurpassed "in-the-trenches" consulting experience.
Writing for experienced VMware professionals, the authors focus on high-value techniques optimized for the new vSphere 5, helping you establish frameworks that support your virtual infrastructure's evolution for years to come. They present scenarios and examples drawn from real-world data, helping you address crucial issues ranging from sizing and performance to redundancy. The book concludes with a full case study that walks you through a design from inception through implementation and explores the reasons for each key decision.
* Building a strong foundation for virtual infrastructure: design considerations and best practices
* Smoothly integrating vSphere 5 into current environments and considerations
* Establishing a more stable infrastructure
* Choosing hardware and making optimal configuration decisions
* Transforming your VMware design from blueprint to completion
* Operating vSphere solutions more efficiently on a day-to-day basis
* Automating tasks and maximizing availability
* Streamlining the installation of updates, patches, and upgrades
* Forecasting and planning capacity on an ongoing basis to support growth
* Overcoming roadblocks on the journey to 100% virtualization
* Monitoring vSphere 5 with tools provided by VMware and its community
* Discovering the most valuable and current online VMware resources
* Examples using Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) are provided throughout the book
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Number of pages: 256
Weight: 414 g
Dimensions: 230 x 180 x 14 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review