To succeed as leaders of a diverse, multigenerational workforce, nurse managers and executives need to have both traditional management skills and a contemporary, creative mindset. Management and Leadership for Nurse Administrators, Eighth Edition, is a comprehensive overview of key management and administrative concepts that are critical to leading healthcare organizations and ensuring patient safety and quality care. The text prepares nursing students and professional administrators to lead a workplace that is rapidly evolving due to technology, culture, and changes in the U.S. healthcare system.
The Eighth Edition of Management and Leadership for Nurse Administrators features an updated discussion of the business of health care, including resource procurement, revisions to the Affordable Care Act, and financial management relating to reimbursement. It also focuses on transformational leadership principles, such as how leading with emotional intelligence can foster communication, conflict resolution, team building, and joy in the workplace.
New to the Eighth Edition:
* Using polarity thinking to embrace problems, conflict, and resistance in health care
* Using implementation science to promote sustainable quality improvement and move toward the Institute of Healthcare Improvement IHI quadruple aim
* Leading and managing population health initiatives
* New content on management strategies for mentoring and coaching a diverse nursing staff
* Crosswalks for major content areas and competencies from AONE, ACHE, and other professional organizations.
Publisher: Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc
Number of pages: 478
Weight: 1162 g
Edition: 8th Revised edition