Making Sense of Maths is the only series that develops conceptual understanding.
This series will motivate, engage and develop the conceptual understanding of students at KS3 and KS4.
Students build their own problem solving strategies based on their understanding of the world around them which then support them to tackle functional questions.
The Teacher's Book provides support for the activities in the student book which develop the student's understanding of number operations, conversions, negative numbers, primes & indices. It also contains answers for the workbook questions which consolidate learning.
Making Sense of Maths has been based on Realistic Maths Education (RME) and extensively trialled in KS3 and KS4 classrooms in the UK by a team from Manchester Metropolitan University.
- Use alongside existing resources or on its own
- Ideal for Year 10s heading for the C/D borderline
- Ideal for intervention groups
- Supports the move from modular to linear specifications by improving knowledge retention
- Provides support for good teaching and learning under the current Ofsted criteria
Publisher: Hodder Education
Number of pages: 152
Weight: 468 g
Dimensions: 303 x 210 x 11 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review