Create stunning and responsive Magento 2 themes for your business
About This Book
* Realize the full potential of theme design in Magento 2
* Design attractive themes for your e-commerce store to make them stand out amongst the crowd
* Practical skills and examples ensure you can take what you've learnt to your own projects - limited only by your own creativity!
Who This Book Is For
This book is for web designers and developers with existing knowledge of CSS, HTML, and XML who wish to create themes for Magento 2. Existing Magento 1.x theme designers who now want to develop themes for Magento 2 will also find this book useful.
What You Will Learn
* Implement a local development Magento environment
* Understand the workings of the Magento theme structure
* Edit an existing Magento theme to satisfy your business needs
* Create print strategies for the Magento 2.0 theme
* Generate specific blocks to improve the Magento 2.0 theme
* Explore specific Magento programming Methods to improve the Magento 2.0 theme
* Customize the Magento 2.0 admin panel to create a new Magento 2.0 admin theme
* Build a Twitter module for Magento 2.0 and integrate Magento 2.0 with social bookmarking
Magento is the e-commerce software and platform trusted by the world's leading brands. Using Magento's powerful theming engine, you can control the look, content, and functionality, and easily launch a flexible e-commerce website. However, because of its powerful features, developing Magento themes is easier said than done.
This book aims to leverage the enhancements to theme designing in Magento 2 to the fullest. It will show you how to gear up the performance of your e-commerce website.
We begin by introducing Magento 2 and its features along with implementing a local development Magento environment. We then move on to discuss the concepts of the Magento theme structure such as templates, inheritance, customization, and override.
Further on, we explore the Magento UI Library, which is a new feature available in Magento 2.0. We will create a new Magento 2.0 theme named MyCake Store using Magento Bootstrap from Maven E-commerce and also create print strategies for the Magento 2.0 theme. We will also create and customize a new theme proposal for the Magento admin panel. At the end, we will integrate Magento 2.0 to Twitter and integrate it with social bookmarking and finally deploy our new Magento 2.0 theme.
Style and approach
This is a step-by-step guide to customizing the look and feel of your online store by creating stunning and responsive themes from scratch. In addition to creating new themes, the book will also offer guidance on customizing existing themes.
Publisher: Packt Publishing Limited
Number of pages: 288
Weight: 499 g
Dimensions: 235 x 191 x 15 mm
Edition: 2nd Revised edition