Literature and Science Breakthroughs: Connecting Language and Science Skills in the Elementary Classroom (Paperback)Jo-Anne Lake (author)
Paperback Published: 15/01/2000
- Not available
"Literature &Science Breakthroughs" offers strategies for using nonfiction, big books, novels, storybooks, pop-ups, poetry, and discovery books to bring all aspects of science to life for children in elementary classrooms. Teachers will learn how to go beyond reading "about" science and with a variety of hands-on activities help students gain first hand experience with scientific principles. Organized around the major science strands, the book looks at using children's literature to achieve science outcomes in the following areas:
- life systems--plants, insects, and all forms of living things;
- matter and materials--magnets, light, and air;
- energy and control--wind, water, sound, and electricity;
- structures and mechanics--functional design, pulleys, gears, and motion;
- earth and space systems--seasons, weather, rocks, minerals, and the environment.
Publisher: Pembroke Publishing Ltd
You may also be interested in...
£23.41Mixed media product
£28.99Mixed media product
Please sign in to write a review
Thank you for your reservation
Your order is now being processed and we have sent a confirmation email to you at
When will my order be ready to collect?
Call us on or send us an email at
Unfortunately there has been a problem with your order
Please try again or alternatively you can contact your chosen shop on or send us an email at