Life Competencies for Adolescents: Training Manual for Facilitators, Teachers and Parents (Paperback)Devendra Agochiya (author)
- We can order this
- Wide scope: The manual covers a wide range of life competencies for the holistic growth and development of adolescents
- Modular approach: Though the programme proposed by the manual is a holistic, comprehensive package, each module can also be used independently. The user agencies can, thus, choose any number of modules that are applicable for their target group.
- Ready-to-use format: The manual is inclusive in all aspects. It has notes for facilitators and other users, special exercises and instruments and step-by-step approach for the conduct of these exercises.
- Notes on the modules: The manual includes detailed notes on each module that cover wide-ranging sub-topics and issues.
- CD companion: The manual comes with a CD that contains all the exercises along with supplementary material.
Apart from the key users, who would be secondary schools and voluntary organisations working for adolescents, this manual will also serve as an insightful read for parents, adolescents themselves and professionals working in related fields.
Publisher: SAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
Number of pages: 392
Weight: 680 g
Dimensions: 241 x 184 x 23 mm
[This book] is a training manual meant to train adolescents in developing certain skills and understand some important concepts which can help them in tiding over the rough patches of life in a smooth and dignified manner. It can be used by teachers, parents or trainers for planning workshops for teenagers on 12 different modules addressing issues such as interpersonal competencies, communication skills, stress management skills, developing self-esteem, etc. Each module includes a brief introduction, expected outcomes, a detailed point-wise explanation of the theme and exercises. Each exercise is further elaborated with information on materials required, steps to conduct exercise and time allocated for the exercise, making it a readymade support material for the trainer. A free CD accompanying the book makes the job of preparing PowerPoint presentations and taking printouts for group workshops even easier... The book fulfills a vacant niche and caters to an urgent and acutely felt yet apathetically ignored need of the Indian society...if these training ideas can be incorporated into our rigid school/college curricula to provide our adolescents some real and usable education, this book will fulfill its noble agenda.-- The Tribune
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review