This essential, single-volume textbook supplies a comprehensive introduction to library management that addresses all the functions of management, specifically within the ever-evolving modern library environment.
* The latest edition of a best-selling core management text-now in its ninth edition-covering all the management functions of libraries and information centers
* Supplies new discussion topics, examples of management challenges, and case studies
* Provides a global perspective on library management
* Contains new discussion topics and case studies and offers supplementary online materials
* Includes "Chapter Takeaways," a list of topics that the reader should understand after reading the chapter; "Management on the Job" sections referencing a specific journal article that demonstrates the chapter topic; and "Talk about It" and "Practice Your Skills" segments that offer readers a chance to demonstrate what they are learning
Number of pages: 548
Edition: 9th Revised edition
"For those teaching or learning about leading and managing libraries, this book would be a valuable resource. . . . . [It] offers a wealth of information about being successful in leading and managing all types of libraries. . . . A valuable resource for a class or as a professional reference on leading and managing libraries. Recommended." - School Library Connection
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review