Legends of American Indian Resistance (Hardback)Edward J. Rielly (author)
- We can order this
This book describes the plight of Native Americans from the 17th through the 20th century as they struggled to maintain their land, culture, and lives, and the major Indian leaders who resisted the inevitable result.
* Describes important leaders from King Philip in the 17th century to Dennis Banks, Russell Means, and Mary Brave Bird in the 20th century
* Presents a timeline citing significant events in history as they pertain to American Indian resistance
* Includes various historical photographs and illustrations
* Provides a bibliographic selection of recommended readings at the conclusion of each chapter as well as a more comprehensive bibliography at the end of the book
* Contains 24 sidebars that provide additional historical context and information about each leader
Number of pages: 341
Weight: 916 g
Dimensions: 254 x 178 x 28 mm
"an excellent documented resource for Native American Studies and Americans who desire to become more completely informed about their history." - Midwest Book Review
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review