Readers will discover problem solving tools from some of the top firms in the consulting industry with this concise and practical guide which introduces and explains how to resolve every challenge faced on a day-to-day basis in business - without a management consultant.
Readers will learn how to:
* Overcome any business challenges with robust logic and structure using the 'problem solving process'
* Learn how to break down problems and make their workload lighter
* Deliver the 'killer' recommendations
* Discover how to successfully implement change in people and organisations
* Find out how to keep themselves, the team, and their stakeholders happy
* Learn how to use an effective hypothesis-driven approach to problem solving
Each chapter begins by posing a key business problem and then briefly and clearly introduces the theory behind the tools and techniques needed to address the challenge.
Every dilemma is brought to life with a case study, a 'best practice example' and at least one illustrative table or figure and a summary of the key points to remember when confronting the problem is at the end of each chapter.
Benchmark: Strategy Safari(9780273719588), Published November 2008, Life Sales 3,223 Copies Sold (TCM Nielsen Bookscan)
Market:Pearson is the Management market leader with 21% market share. Management is the largest market in the business sector and was worth GBP6.5 million in 2010.
Publisher: Pearson Education Limited
Number of pages: 224
Weight: 455 g
Dimensions: 230 x 160 x 10 mm
"An outstanding book about problem solving... it will stand the test of time."
Andrew May, FIC CMC FCMI
"Intelligently and elegantly written - really helps people how to use management models"
Marian Lauder, MBE FCMI