Keratoconus and Keratoectasia: Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment (Hardback)Ming Wang (author)
- We can order this
Written by Dr Ming Wang, along with over 40 contributors, this book represents the first state-of-the-art, comprehensive synthesis of the current understanding of the etiology, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of keratoconus and keratoectasia.
Diagnostic Modalities Include:
- Topographic diagnosis - placido disc and elevational mapping analysis
- Posterior corneal analysis, three-point touch method and FFKC criteria 2009
- Corneal pachymetry mapping and progression analysis
- Statistical analysis packages for KC
- New imaging technologies for the cornea including OCT
- Topographic corneal irregularity analysis for premium IOLs
- Measuring corneal strength - corneal hysteresis
- Corneal epithelial mapping with ultrasound biomicroscopy
- Wavefront analysis in keratoconus
- Infrared light image screening - a new screening tool for keratoconus
- Non-surgical treatment with contact lenses
- Ocular surface treatment
- Lamellar and penetrating keratoplasty
- Excimer laser surface treatment
- Topography-guided excimer laser treatment
- Wavefront-guided excimer laser treatment
- Intacs intracorneal segment
- UV-cross linking
- Combination treatment of cross-linking, Intacs and excimer laser ablation
- Future treatment
Keratoconus and Keratoectasia: Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment is a concise, well-illustrated and clinically indispensable guide for treating these two important ophthalmic diseases and is a must-have for all ophthalmologists, optometrists, residents, fellows, and medical students.
Publisher: SLACK Incorporated
Number of pages: 208
Weight: 980 g
Dimensions: 279 x 216 x 18 mm
-- Vahid Feiz, MD, UC Davis Eye Center, Sacramento, CA
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?