JAWS : My School wordbook 1 - Junior African Writers: Starters Level 0 (Paperback)Sally Howes (author)
- Publisher out of stock
Wordbooks are important building blocks for developing reading, writing, speaking and listening at foundation level. This workbook will help build English vocabulary using scenes from the world that children know. It is an essential tool in the foundation phase classroom.
The book takes children from the known to the unknown by showing familiar scenes and introducing new key words. The simple activities on the last page extend visual literacy, sorting and language skills.
You can read this book in many ways. Here are some ideas:
* Children talk about the pictures in their own language.
* Children give any English words they know for the things in the pictures.
* Children read the English words, using the small pictures as a cue.
* Children cover the small pictures and find the objects in the main picture.
* Children cover the labels and try to reemember the English words.
* With books closed, children draw pictures to illustrate the English words
* Children write about one of the pictures in their own language.
* Children tell each other stories about the pictures.
There are three Wordbooks so far in the Junior African Writers Series (JAWS):
My Farm 9780435899318
My Town 9780435899325
My School 9780435899301
Publisher: Pearson Education Limited
Number of pages: 16
Weight: 34 g
Dimensions: 206 x 152 x 2 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review