Japan: The Basics - The Basics (Paperback)Christopher P. Hood (author)
- In stock
Japan: The Basics, is an engaging introduction to the culture, society and the global positioning of Japan. Taking a fresh look at stereotypes associated with Japan, it provides a well-rounded introduction to a constantly evolving country. It addresses such questions as:
* How do we go about studying Japan?
* What are the connections between popular culture and wider Japanese society?
* How are core values about identity formed and what are their implications?
* How does Japan react to natural and manmade disasters?
* How does nature influence Japanese attitudes to the environment?
With exercises and discussion points throughout and suggestions for further reading, Japan: The Basics is an ideal starting point for all those studying Japan in its global, cultural context.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 196
Weight: 227 g
Dimensions: 198 x 129 x 13 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
For shops outside of these areas: reserve online, pay on collection.
Or, add to basket, pay online, collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.