Japan: The Basics - The Basics (Paperback)Christopher P. Hood (author)
- In stock
Japan: The Basics, is an engaging introduction to the culture, society and the global positioning of Japan. Taking a fresh look at stereotypes associated with Japan, it provides a well-rounded introduction to a constantly evolving country. It addresses such questions as:
* How do we go about studying Japan?
* What are the connections between popular culture and wider Japanese society?
* How are core values about identity formed and what are their implications?
* How does Japan react to natural and manmade disasters?
* How does nature influence Japanese attitudes to the environment?
With exercises and discussion points throughout and suggestions for further reading, Japan: The Basics is an ideal starting point for all those studying Japan in its global, cultural context.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 196
Weight: 227 g
Dimensions: 198 x 129 x 13 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Alternatively, for multiple items you may find it easier to add to basket, then pay online and collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.