* introduces the field of remote sensing and traces its historical development and evolution
* presents detailed explanations of core remote sensing principles and concepts providing the theory required for a clear understanding of remotely sensed images.
* describes important remote sensing platforms - including Landsat, SPOT and NOAA
* examines and illustrates many of the applications of remotely sensed images in various fields.
A unique World Wide Web site accompanies this textbook. Developed for the users of Netscape 3 / Internet Explorer or above, this site offers:
* over 45 full colour images with descriptions
* examples illustrating remote sensing applications for meteorology, geology, vegetation studies, urban studies and oceanography
* material from the Americas, the UK, Ireland, Africa, Australasia, Africa and Western Europe
* Image exercises, with answers
* Shorter questions and answers on remote sensing
* An online glossary of terms, links to sources of useful remote sensing information available online.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 216
Weight: 590 g
Dimensions: 248 x 191 x 14 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?