Introduction to Personality and Intelligence - Sage Foundations of Psychology Series (Paperback)Nick Haslam (author)
- Not available
`There is a wonderful balance and clarity in coverage of complex and contentious issues. Throughout, the tone is amiable...the writing engaging and clear" - Dr Robbie Sutton, University of Kent
Nick Haslam's highly-anticipated new text is a thoroughly engaging introduction to the psychology of personality and, crucially, intelligence.
Fully tailored to the British Psychological Society's guidelines regarding the teaching of individual differences, Introduction to Personality and Intelligence provides the perfect package for any first or second year undergraduate psychology student taking a course in this fascinating subject.
- coverage of all core topics for a personality course
- a whole section devoted to intelligence
- includes mental disorders and cognitive approaches
- focuses on major theoretical issues
- presents a good range of applied theory chapters
- packed with pedagogical features including: key concept boxes and a full glossary, illustrative case studies, and annotated further reading
The author's writing style, use of pedagogy and incorporation of the latest empirical research findings makes Introduction to Personality and Intelligence an essential textbook for all psychology students on a personality or individual differences course.
(The author's website can be accessed here)
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Number of pages: 336
Weight: 591 g
Dimensions: 232 x 186 x 17 mm
'I would highly recommend this text for those new to the field hoping to rapidly gain an overview of the issues and debates around personality and intelligence'
Psychology: Learning & Teaching
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review