Butterworths In House Lawyers' Handbook is the first and only text to bring together all the practical guidance, precedents, expert commentary and key source material for the in-house law department.
In-house lawyers in all types of institutions will benefit from the insights Ian Jones' commentary provides. The book covers all the key planks of the internal legal advisors' role, from managing a legal team to handling the procurement process.
In today's world, in-house counsel in businesses and the public sector are expected to have a thorough understanding of the aims and activities of their institution, and relate that understanding to the advice they give their employer. Aside from this requirement, the in-house lawyer needs a high level understanding of a range of legal issues in multiple jurisdictions and to know how to access that information quickly. This book assists that by providing key precedents and accessible information on a range of the most common issues in core jurisdictions.
Butterworths In House Lawyers' Handbook also:
* Helps in-house legal teams demonstrate their value to the business and especially to the FD
* Provides comprehensive best practice guidance on the role of the in-house lawyer
* Includes useful precedents
* Is accessible and portable
* Teaches you how to make decisions about the legal team and outsourcing/in-sourcing based on value to the business
* Collates useful black letter sources, making it a one-stop shop
* Is of use particularly to in-house lawyers newly managing teams
* Benefits solicitors in private practice by providing unique insights into the world of clients
Publisher: LexisNexis UK ISBN: 9781405755504 Number of pages: 320 Weight: 510 g Dimensions: 246 x 155 mm Edition: UK ed.
Simply reserve online and pay at the counter when you collect.
Available in shop from just two hours, subject to availability.
Thank you for your reservation
Your order is now being processed and we have sent a confirmation email to you at
This item can be requested from the shops shown below. If this item isn't available to be reserved nearby, add the item to your basket instead and select 'Deliver to my local shop' at the checkout, to be able to collect it from there at a later date.
When will my order be ready to collect?
Following the initial email, you will be contacted by the shop to confirm that your item is available for collection.
Call us on or send us an email at
Unfortunately there has been a problem with your order
Please try again or alternatively you can contact your chosen shop on or send us an email at