A workbook that introduces the most frequently used idioms in English and shows you how to use them effectively.
Collins Work on your Idioms is a new practice book for learners who want to increase the number of idioms they know and be confident in using them. Each unit presents students with a selection of idioms and clear examples of when and how to use them. This is followed by practice exercises to ensure the learner will be able to remember and use what they have learnt in their written and spoken English.
Collins Work on your Idioms features the 300 most commonly used idioms, which have been carefully selected based on Collins Corpus research. It provides plenty of useful practice with authentic, up-to-date examples of usage in context, and is ideal for use alongside an idioms dictionary such as the Collins COBUILD Idioms Dictionary.
* Focuses on the 300 most commonly used idioms
* Twenty five 4-page units with clear presentation followed by practice exercises, which focus on showing students how and when to use the idioms they learn
* Idioms are grouped into themes, making it easier to memorize them
* Useful notes on American English variants
* Helpful study tips on learning and remembering idioms
* Contains an index for easy reference
* Includes the answer key, making it ideal for self-study
* Suitable for CEF level B1-C2
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Number of pages: 128
Weight: 370 g
Dimensions: 278 x 189 x 10 mm