Icons of Invention [2 volumes]: The Makers of the Modern World from Gutenberg to Gates - Greenwood Icons (Hardback)John W. Klooster (author)
- We can order this
These two volumes provide in-depth coverage of 24 of history's most important inventors and their inventions.
* 24 illustrations show each of the major inventions discussed
* Sidebars covering related inventions are included with many of the entries
* A list of works for further reading encourages students to learn more
* In-depth biographies provide students with material for classroom assignments and reports
* The set supports both National Science Education Guidelines on Science and Technology (Content Standard E) and Curriculum Standards for Social Studies (Theme VIII - Science, Technology, and Society)
Number of pages: 653
Weight: 1814 g
Dimensions: 254 x 178 x 51 mm
"The prose is clear. . . This title is most likely useful for public libraries and high school collections. . ." - ARBAonline
"The entries are well researched and provide resources for further information. A general bibliography leads the researcher to additional material. A comprehensive index encourages fast location of specific information, while the entries themselves are written with subheadings to ease browsing. This is a valuable addition to any library where patrons are interested in the history and impact of inventions, both old and new. The content is appropriate not only for high-school students but also for college students seeking knowledge about inventions, inventors, and the impact of inventions on society." - Booklist
"The author does an especially thorough job of exploring the business side of invention. . . this set offers depth and detail not seen in most reference works on the subjects." - School Library Journal
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review