Discover how these contemporary food icons changed the way Americans eat through the fascinating biographical profiles in this book.
* Provides 24 intriguing, biographical entries detailing the lives of some of America's greatest food and cooking pioneers and institutions
* Includes contributions from 18 distinguished scholars, librarians, and journalists
* Offers key insight into childhood and family, education, career trajectory and triumphs, and legacy
* Numerous sidebars offer intriguing quotations, sample menus, and excerpts from writings
* Suggestions for further reading follow each profile
Number of pages: 314
Weight: 862 g
Dimensions: 254 x 178 x 25 mm
"Icons of American Cooking is a nice introduction to the culinary scene in the U.S. today. It is a good resource for student reports and for those interested in cooking, and could be added to circulating collections as well as reference collections in public and undergraduate libraries." - Booklist
"Editors Geraci and Demers feature 23 truly iconic individuals of American cooking in this volume, along with an entry on the Culinary Institute of America. Well-known figures such as Julia Child, Betty Crocker, and Tim and Nina Zagat are included. . . . Interesting stories and quotations are interspersed throughout. Summing Up: Recommended." - Choice
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review