Hughes Syndrome: Highways and Byways is a handy and easy-to-read guide to the main features of Hughes syndrome. There has been worldwide interest in this 'new' syndrome (first described in 1983). A clotting tendency which can potentially affect any organ in the body, it is:
* responsible for 1 in 5 recurrent miscarriages (now successfully treated with aspirin and heparin)
* responsible for 1 in 5 young (under 45) strokes
* a major cause of early heart attacks
* responsible for 1 in 5 deep vein thromboses
* an important cause of migraine.
Hughes Syndrome: Highways and Byways is a valuable resource for professionals with an interest in the subject, as well as general practitioners and patients.
Publisher: Springer London Ltd
Number of pages: 94
Weight: 151 g
Dimensions: 203 x 127 x 8 mm
Edition: 2013 ed.
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review