In just one hour a day, you’ll learn the skills you need to design, create, and maintain a professional-looking website.
- No previous experience required. By following each short, one-hour lesson in this book, anyone can learn the basics of web development.
- Learn at your own pace. You can work through each lesson sequentially to make sure you thoroughly understand all the concepts and methodologies, or you can focus on specific lessons to learn the techniques that interest you most.
- Test your knowledge. Each lesson ends with a Workshop section filled with questions, answers, and exercises for further study.
- Fully implement the HTML5 and CSS3 standards
- Work with text and create links
- Add images and graphics to your page
- Use CSS to style a site and position elements on a page
- Structure a page with HTML5
- Use responsive web design to make your pages look good on different-sized screens
- Design for the mobile web
- Get your site online and let people know it’s there
- Optimize your site for search engines
PART I: Getting Started 1 What Is Web Publishing 2 Getting Your Tools in Order 3 Introducing HTML and CSS
PART II: Creating Web Pages 4 Learning the Basics of HTML 5 Organizing Information with Lists 6 Working with Links
PART III: Doing More with HTML and CSS 7 Formatting Text with HTML and CSS 8 Using CSS to Style a Site 9 Using Images on Your Web Pages 10 Building Tables 11 Using CSS to Position Elements on a Page 12 Designing Forms 13 Structuring a Page with HTML5 14 Integrating Multimedia: Video and Sound 15 Advanced CSS: Page Layout in CSS 16 Using Responsive Web Design
PART V: Designing for Everyone 21 Designing for the Mobile Web 22 Designing for User Experience
PART VI: Going Live on the Web 23 How to Publish Your Site 24 Taking Advantage of the Server 25 Search Engines and SEO
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Number of pages: 768
Weight: 1172 g
Dimensions: 231 x 179 x 40 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?