Holy People of the World [3 volumes]: A Cross-Cultural Encyclopedia (Hardback)Phyllis G. Jestice (editor)
- We can order this
A cross-cultural encyclopedia of the most significant holy people in history, examining why people in a wide range of religious traditions throughout the world have been regarded as divinely inspired.
* Approximately 1,200 entries including biographical sketches of holy men and women, plus 20 overview articles and 64 comparative essays
* 270 contributors include scholars from 20 countries-all leading authorities on the individuals and religions they write about
* Hundreds of historical photographs, illustrations, and paintings depicting holy men and women
* End-of entry bibliographic citations to guide readers to further sources on each topic
* Exhaustive subject index
* Rich cross-referencing structure that aids navigation among related entries
Number of pages: 999
Weight: 3198 g
Dimensions: 279 x 216 x 73 mm
"'Holy People of the World is truly a multicultural and diverse reference work . . . highly recommended for academic and public libraries." - MultiCultural Review
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review