Discover how to apply microservices patterns to build scalable and maintainable distributed systems
* Design, implement, test, and deploy your cloud-native production-ready microservices
* Understand the challenges and complexities of testing and monitoring distributed services
* Build scalable, modular, and robust microservices architectures with the latest features of C# and .NET Core
The microservices architectural style promotes the development of complex applications as a suite of small services based on specific business capabilities. The book provides a hands-on approach to creating and deploying microservices using ASP.Net Core and Microsoft Azure.
In this book, you'll learn what microservices are and their main characteristics, here we will introduce a real-life application built as a monolith, currently struggling under increased demand and complexity, and begin the transition to Microservices by using the latest features of C# 8 and .NET Core 3. You'll learn how to identify service boundaries, split the application into multiple microservices, and define service contracts. You'll also understand how to configure, deploy, and monitor microservices using Docker and Kubernetes. Then, you'll learn to implement auto-scaling in a microservices architecture to enhance your productivity. With an introduction to reactive microservices, you'll gain further value to keep your code base simple, focusing on what is more important rather than on messy asynchronous calls. Finally, you'll delve into the various design patterns and best practices to create enterprise-ready microservice applications.
By the end of this book, you would be able to successfully deconstruct a monolith and create well-defined microservices
What you will learn
* Get acquainted with Microsoft Azure Service Fabric Compare microservices with monolithic applications and SOA
* Learn Docker, get an overview of Azure Kubernetes Services and Azure API management services.
* Integrate services using a synchronous approach via RESTful APIs with ASP.NET Core 3.0
* Implement microservices security using Azure Active Directory, OpenID Connect, and OAuth 2.0
* Understand the operation and scaling of microservices in .NET Core 3.0
* Understand the key features of reactive microservices to build scalable apps
Who This Book Is For
This book is for C# and .NET Core developers who want to learn and understand microservices architecture and implement it in their .NET Core applications. It's ideal for developers who are completely new to microservices or have just a theoretical understanding of this architectural approach and want to gain a practical perspective in order to better manage application complexity.
Publisher: Packt Publishing Limited
Number of pages: 451
Dimensions: 235 x 191 mm
Edition: 3rd Revised edition