Handbook of Acting Techniques (Paperback)Arthur Bartow (editor)
A unique survey of the twentieth century's most influential acting methods, offering invaluable practical insights for actors and drama teachers.
Each of the ten famous techniques included in this handbook is described in detail by one of today's foremost practitioners. Each chapter outlines the development of the respective technique and offers practical guidance for actors wishing to explore it for themselves.
* Lee Strasberg Technique by Anna Strasberg
* Stella Adler Technique by Tom Oppenheim
* Sanford Meisner Technique by Victoria Hart
* Michael Chekhov Technique and The Mask by Per Brahe
* Uta Hagen's Technique by Carol Rosenfeld
* Physical Acting Inspired by Grotowski by Stephen Wangh
* The Viewpoints by Mary Overlie
* Practical Aesthetics by Robert Bella
* Interdisciplinary Training by Fritz Ertl
* Neo-classical Training by Louis Scheeder
Publisher: Nick Hern Books
Number of pages: 320
Weight: 341 g
Dimensions: 216 x 138 x 22 mm
'A remarkable and significant book... The thing that makes it so special is that editor Arthur Bartow brings together chapters on all the major practitioners written by other highly respected teachers and practitioners'* ReviewsGate.com *
You may also be interested in...
ReviewsSign In To Write A Review
Please sign in to write a review
Sign In / Register
Download the Waterstones App
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?